Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Problems of Philosophy

Just finished reading this book. My comments:

The Problems of Philosophy The Problems of Philosophy by Bertrand Russell


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Outstanding book. I admit, I don't understand it all but it's becoming more clear and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The dialogue on thought processes, formation of belief and the determination of truth is highly enlightening. Thinking in abstract is such a critical part of understanding this particular book. I don't have a lot of experience with philosophy but I suspect that such is true of most such tomes.

Will post further updates!

--Wag--

Update: Finished reading this book yesterday. It leaves me feeling like I've been further enlightened and of having had my mind expanded. It was an effort for me to read this because, as I mentioned above, I don't have much experience with philosophy. Yet, it has expanded my horizons.

Don't get me wrong. It did not give me a list of answers to the tough questions of life, the universe and myself, but it has greatly expanded my perception of all of these things. I don't feel, necessarily, that I'm suddenly a better person because of it, either, but I do feel that I've been given ideas and thoughts on how to become that better person.

--Wag--


View all my reviews.

No comments: