Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Geek Gods

Saw this article today:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1748125,00.asp

The Dick Tracy watch with video and phone is still a way off but this seems like another step in that direction. I can't wait to see what's next.

Suffice it to say that my PDA (Zire 72) has scads more power (100's of times?) than the old XT's we started with 20 years ago and is inherently more powerful than even the first Pentiums. Well, more useful, that is. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the Palm OS particularly in it's current iteration.

I can't complain. It cost me $600 with all the software I wanted vs. the $3,500 it used to cost for the first Pentiums. Bad thing: I still need a Pentium to make the Palm truly accessible and to back it up. The battery isn't all that great. Still, I can't complain.

So, when the PC gets implemented to the wrist and the interface to it is a pair of VR goggles and a virtual keyboard, I'll finally be content.

Maybe.

--Wag--

No comments: